Below is a DRAFT of the goals for the school of music proposed for the new strategic plan. Please examine them carefully. We are not looking for help word-smithing, but rather soliciting your reactions and thoughts about whether these goals are appropriate and comprehensive. Please send your thoughts directly to Denis Colwell.
- Provide students with an environment conducive and encouraging to the development of their musical artistry.
- Provide students with a comprehensive, up-to-date understanding of the field of music, its opportunities, and the business models within which artists operate.
- Foster each student’s self-awareness and understanding of her unique strengths and weaknesses; encourage her to consider and explore multiple, disparate goals and paths and help her to develop the skills and resources to achieve those goals.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop entrepreneurial and project development skills, and put them to use producing projects of their own design related to their interests and goals.
- Improve all students' ability to utilize technology to achieve their artistic and career goals.
- Provide students with opportunities to learn from and interact with professionals working in a wide range of music endeavors, especially those not currently represented by faculty actively working in those fields.
- Develop new support for merit scholarships and strategic plan implementation.