International Participants must have the F-1 Student Visa.
Deadline for application: MAY 1, 2016
International students who intend to participate in the Dalcroze Workshop need to apply for a F-1 student visa in order to enter the U.S. In order to apply for a student visa, please follow these steps:
- Register for the Dalcroze Workshop and pay the tuition/housing fees.
- Note: If a student cannot attend because of immigration problems ALL money will be refunded.
- Complete the International Student Information Form and the Affidavit of Support for Financial Sponsor (if applicable) and submit with the required supporting documents to the addresses on the forms.
- Read the International Student Orientation Flyer
After receiving the completed International Student Information Form and supporting documents, the Office of International Education will send you the form I-20, which will enable you to apply for the F-1 Student Visa. Please note: It will take OIE a few weeks to process an I-20 after a completed application is received.
Once you have received the I-20, you should:
- Pay the $200 SEVIS Fee.
- Follow the instructions for applying for an F-1 visa from a U.S. Embassy/Consulate. You will receive instructions with your I-20 form. Canadian citizens are exempt from the visa requirement, but must still obtain the I-20 form and pay the SEVIS fee.
- Travel to the U.S. with your valid passport with F-1 visa and your I-20 form. Do not put the I-20 in your suitcase; carry it with you on the airplane.
- Bring your passport, I-94, and I-20 to the Office of International Education on Tuesday, July 12th at 4:30 pm. This brief immigration check-in is mandatory. An administrator from the Dalcroze Training Center will accompany you to this meeting.